Friday 6 January 2012

First round; I'll get 'em in

Welcome to my new booze blog. I guess I should say a few words by way of introduction.I'm Neil, and among a host of other things, I like booze - the stronger and more obscure the better.

I've never written a blog before, not really, so I'm not too sure why I've decided to write one about alcohol, but I am into it at the moment, so here we go. Please don't take too much of what I say seriously; I'm probably just trying to be funny or clever. I doubt though, that I could offend too many people on this subject. I'd thought of doing a music blog in the past, but never did because I hold quite strong views on music, and didn't want to upset anyone by calling Radiohead "dull music for stupid people"... forget I said that.

I've looked at a few other booze blogs, and I think I might be able to make this one a bit different. Some are very methodical and intensive, providing detailed reviews of various liquors. I won't be doing that. I don't think I've ever tried describing a flavour (beyond "tastes smokey"), and people's tastes vary anyway, so I'll probably just try to comment in a more personal way.

I am a bit of a geek, but other booze blogs outgeek me exponentially, and contain long, detailed accounts of tastings and events. I'll keep anything like this short, and try to provide a more gonzo approach.

I've got a few ideas for posts already, and the things I'll be focusing on are probably more experience-based and ruminatory. I'll try to keep it fun, and can hopefully provide some useful information and interesting stories for you. Please feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment