Monday 6 February 2012

Fallout from the weekend


Good afternoon! It’s Monday, and the working week starts in earnest. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did. My ‘games night’ passed off, pretty much without a hitch, despite the snow that delayed a few attendees and unfortunately meant a few others couldn’t make it (you were sadly missed, but don’t feel bad about it! I'll see you soon), and I think it’s safe to say a good time was had by all.

It was slightly disappointing that people were either uninterested or too polite to dip into my alcohol collection a little more than they did! I did say they could drink whatever they wanted, and if they can’t see it to ask, but everyone seemed to be content to stick with wine, beer or cider. But that’s fine, as long as they enjoyed themselves.

As predicted, I did get a little money panic on Friday night when I did my preparatory booze and food shopping. I’ve restocked in terms of white and dark rums, and I had to get that bottle of Stolichnaya vodka, since it was £5 off. What I didn’t count on was that people would bring me some hardcore booze – including a bottle of Amaretto, a Russian Standard Vodka and a Glen Mornay whisky - so I’ve had to impose a rule on myself, which is to buy no more bottles of booze for at least a month, possibly longer. I’ve just got more than I could possibly drink. I did manage to consign a few bottles to the recycling over the weekend, but it’s certainly been a case of more than one in, one out. So that means I’m not even allowed to look.

Thanks to everyone for their generosity, and for making it a memorable night. I don’t want to bore you all with the details, but it has given me a little material for future posts, so you should be seeing those at some point. I’ll be back later in the week with a post of some kind. I’m not sure what yet, but I’ll see what’s ready to be put out there. Until then, try not to let Monday get you down – it’ll soon be Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment